When you have a busy day and make it difficult for you to get into fitness classes on time, HIIT workouts with weights can be a good alternative because all it takes is just dumbbells. High-Intensity Interval Training or HIIT is an exercise that encourages your body to detonate and do a lot of work in a short amount of time, followed by a short period of low-intensity recovery. This will be a challenge for beginners or advanced, because your muscles will move very fast, and your heart will beat like a rocket.
HIIT workout with dumbbell uses heavy and moderate weights that will give you a challenge when you are tired, which is a combination of weight exercise and cardio to build lean muscle, and target several muscle groups while moving.
Although many of the movements you can do with dumbbells can be seen on YouTube, we have summarized the five best dumbbell exercises below that will guide you to build a better physique.
1. Dumbbell Clean and Press.
This is one of the best full body exercises using dumbbells which is a combination in building your shoulders, core, and legs by providing a variety of movements. Use the weight that you can lift first because this will be difficult, and then use a weight that is challenging to feel your muscles burn.
- Stand up then bend your knees reach a pair of dumbbells on the floor with your palms facing inward.
- Slowly straighten your knees and bring the dumbbell up using momentum.
- Turn your elbows and bring them to shoulder height with elbows bent.
- In a standing position, press the dumbbells above your head.e. Lower the dumbbell in a controlled manner and return to the squatting position.
2. Bent-Over Row.
Want to rip your back? Add this simple exercise at home using a dumbbell.
- Stand with both hands holding a pair of dumbbells.
- Push the butt back, the core moves hinge forward at the hips, and knees are bent slightly until the position is half squatting.
- Pull the weight toward the chest past the back, and keep the elbows as if hugging your body, and squeeze the shoulders at the top in motion.
- Slowly lower the dumbbell to the floor for one repetition.
- Continue in 4 sets of 30 seconds for an extraordinary session.
3. Renegade Row.
This movement will build your triceps and core to become stronger, which is part of HIIT workouts with weights.
- Like push-ups but holding dumbbells in both hands on the floor with wide feet behind to help stability.
- Pull one of the rights elbows back to line upped towards the chest, and keep the elbow close to the body.
- Tighten your abs and butt, so the hips don’t shake.
- Lower your arms slowly to repeat the other side.
- Do it in 4 sets of 30 seconds or depending on the level of difficulty you choose.
4. Dumbbell Lunges.
Useful for burning the lower body for fat loss, lunges will isolate your feet using dumbbells.
- For the initial position, stand up straight while holding the dumbbell in both hands beside the body.
- Step forward your feet about a half meter than the left foot that stays behind, then lower your body and inhale while keeping the body upright.
- Use your heels to push upwards and simultaneously exhale.
- Repeat the other leg, and do it in 4 sets of 30 seconds with a rest interval of about 10 seconds.
5. Goblet Squats.
Your lower body will be torn apart the best way through this workout. Do it in 4 sets in 30 seconds quickly, but in control.
- Take a pair of dumbbells and hold them at chest level, palms facing up.
- Lower your body into a squatting position as if you would sit by bending your hips and knees to lower them.
- Lower until your thighs are parallel to the floor then straighten up again by straightening up.
The Bottom Line.
In the end, combining HIIT workouts with weights twice a week, together with pure strength exercise, is a smart idea to access all the main muscles in the body, from the shoulders, core to your feet. This exercise will help build a leaner and stronger body, improve performance, mobility, and will create a healthy and fit body over time.