You might be wondering, is resistance bands exercises for beginners an effective exercise tool to strengthen the body? The answer is yes!
This tool is great for adding different types of resistances from dumbbells, because it has tension in the band throughout its movements. This exercise will affect all major muscles groups to build strength and endurance throughout your body. Yes, some of you must know about how this tool works through YouTube.
Some exercises will require different levels of resistance. Therefore, having various types of bands will make you have many choices to get the most out of this exercise. For example for chest or bicep exercises, you can use a heavier band.
This method not only make your practice challenging, but also allows you to do it cost-effectively. Because only with the band and body, you will never be too far from the gym. In this article, we will guide you in the following types of resistance band exercises and are equipped with pictures!
1. Bicep Curl.
- Open your feet shoulder width apart then step on the resistance bands under your feet while each hand holds the band.
- Keep your elbows on the side and tighten your biceps firmly in the up position. Return to the starting position and don’t be in a hurry.
2. Squat down.
- Get up and step on the resistance band with your feet, then hold the resistance band with your hands at shoulder height.
- Straighten your back, then move it to the squatting position in a controlled manner. Sit, then go down as if sitting, and lower it so that your thighs are parallel to the floor, with your knees above your ankles.
- Your heel is pressed and returned to the starting position. Perform movements in 12 reps of 3 sets.
- Go down to your position on pushups. Hold the resistance band in hand with the band crossing the upper back.
- Keep the body in a straight line, move it up so that the arms are fully extended. Tighten your buttocks and abdomen to prevent your buttocks from lifting. Your view must be forward and don’t look downward.
- Now lower your body steady and slowly until your elbows are at an angle of 90 degrees. When the chest touches the floor, return to the starting position.
4. Kneeling Crunch.
To build and sculpt your abs, these workouts will be handy!
- Anchor the band to a sturdy place, and to a level where you can reach it when you kneel.
- In the kneeling position, take one end of the band with both hands, bring the hand next to your head, then bend forward from the waist.
- Use your core to pull forward and down then, slowly return to the starting position to repeat the movement.
5. Chest Exercise With Bands.
- Put the band on the doorknob then distance yourself from your body until you feel a resistance to the tape.
- Hold the band in a tense position and place your hands at shoulder height.
- Pull the band forward, directing them to meet a parallel to your chest. Feel the contraction of your chest muscles.
- Slowly return to the starting position.
6. Lat Pulls.
This is another great exercise on the resistance bands workout for beginners. Handy for exercise your lat, the muscles that are on both sides of the back. You should really focus on these one to make it work well!
- Stand or sit and hold the band in each hand above your head.
- Start with your arms apart a few inches apart. You need to adjust to change the tension.
- While holding your left hand, press again to pull your right elbow down.
- Return to start and repeat for 16 reps before the switching sides.
7. Lateral raises.
- Step on the band with both feet then hold and bend your arms and place them next to your body.
- Move with the shoulder joint to move the band to the side, move away from the center of the body.
- Hold the above position for a count of 2 or 3 seconds before returning to the starting position slowly.
Related : 7 Best Resistance Band Exercises For Abs
8. Lateral Leg Exs.
- Bend your legs slightly outward while positioning your body wide.
- Skip the band under your feet and hold each hand in front of you.
- Put your full weight on your left leg, then lift your right leg up and out as high as possible, keeping your legs straight.
- Before lowering the leg, hold the above position for 2 seconds then repeat.
9. Flutt Kicks.
- Put one end of the resistance band on both feet, then hold the middle with each of your hands, while laying your body on the mat.
- Grab the band then scissor or move your feet up and down by moving slowly and in control.
- Each right leg goes down, counted as one repetition.
- Complete 10 to 15 reps with each set.
Resistance loop bands exercises for beginners is the best way to develop new fitness habits, gain strength, and melt body fat. Also, check which resistance bands are most suitable for your needs in exercise. It is important to remember that a sedentary lifestyle can increase the risk of getting serious illness, so, it is better for you to move the body, and don’t forget to increase your water intake every time you exercise routine to stay hydrated. We wish you the best results!